The Kids Get It
program is customized
to focus on the information that is most valuable to your needs. This is delivered via a program that:
- is aligned to each state's core learning standards.
- is age-appropriate for students in the Kindergarten through 12th grade age group.
- is full of highly interactive, hands-on activities.
- has a multidiscipline focus that enables every teacher in every subject area to teach about energy issues and jobs.
- makes energy information real and relevant.
- encourages students to become actively involved in continuous investigation of energy issues.
- encourages sustainability of teaching energy information annually.
Workshop Kits Available for Purchase
Here is a Kids Get It program sample multi-discipline lesson plan. “Waste Watchers” could be used in many disciplines to enhance students’ understanding of why energy is such a hot issue in our culture and in our world.